test drive the new '05 focus anyone

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
umdivx
Car: 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD

was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test drive a new focus? I am really interested in the ZX4 ST now i just need to see if the wife will let me get one :)
Flea
Car: 2002 explorer limited

i just did some diggin, and the st is only availiable in the sedan, is the 2.3 still avaliable in other models?? all i can seem to find is the new 2.0 duratec
07 stang 4.0, T5, Pony Package.
umdivx

from what i've read so far that the 2.3 is only available on the ST sedans (now know as ZX4's) all other comes with either the PZEV 2.0 DOHC or the Duratec 2.0 DOHC, there is no longer an SVT engine nor is there a focus with the SPI.
trahma
has a blownup bomb
Car: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

here's a post i made over on club focus about the focus st i drove last friday...
I was picking up some spark plugs and figured I'd check in with the salesman I purchased my car from and it turns out he's been gone. I ended up talking with a guy who grew up with him though. It turns out they had a red Focus ST on the lot and after a bit of talking, we took it for a spin..

My first impression was that this car looks way better than what it does on paper. The car definitely doesn't feel as cheap as a ZX3 does on the interior either. (not that the zx3 feels cheap). Some things remain the same, the center console looks the same. The overhead lights are also replaced with 2 chambers which look like they are for sunglasses and a garage door opener. The seats themselves had red specs and were sewn together with red stitching, which also matched the european styled shift knob.

I took a pretty good look over the car, the car looks to come with a 2.25" exhaust stock (perhaps 2", but that seems small). The suspension components look as though they are the same as well. The rear discs were nice and the calipers were also painted to match the wheels.

Taking the car out was definitely a fun experience. I hate the clutch, I swear a feather could push it down. All in all the car drove well and felt faster than my ZX3 as it stands now.

So here's Justin's pro's and con's of the Focus ST ZX4...

Pros: faster (than zetecs), more refined interior, rear discs
Cons: weak ass clutch, not as distinctive looks, needs a drop, price

I'd also like to point out that I claim nothing I've said here is true except for my opinion of the car. If you buy a 05 Focus and a suspension setup without making sure they'll work, it's your own damn fault.

So yeah, I like it but at 18,700, I'd throw in a couple extra grand and pickup an SRT-4.
Troyer_18

Yes ive Test driven a the 05 2.3 ltr. focus it pulls like an svt 1-2 gear... Although i didnt take it above 2nd cuz i didnt have a whole lot of room but the ride is nice and a nice cheap alernative to an svt problem ;)
umdivx

now only if the wife could get a better paying job, she can have my focus and i can get the new 05 focus