2008 Scion tC with 90% of factory TRD options. $18,000

Have something you want to get rid of or something you're looking for? Post it here!
Litestorm17
Car: 07 Roush Stage 1 Trib.

Don't know how well this will work on a Ford forum, but I'll give it a shot.

DISREGARD TITLE, PRICE DROPPED TO $16,000

Selling my Mom's 2008 Scion tC 5-speed. Her hours got cut at her job, and she just simply cannot afford it anymore. She is just asking for the payoff, so there really isn't a whole lot of room to negotiate. CLEAN CARFAX. She bought the car in the spring from St. Cloud Toyota. The car was the dealers owners sons' car, and was adult driven. We have all the papers for it, including the original window sticker, all the Scion offered books, and even the Scion Custom Accessories booklet. We also have all the receipts for the factory accessories, and a lot of them are very rare and are very expensive (i.e. that TRD muffler is worth $600, new it's worth close to $800). Also, as far as options go, this thing is only missing the TRD Big Brake upgrade (2-piston) and the TRD Supercharger. The MAINT. REQUIRED light is on, only because the oil needs to be changed. That's what Toyota does, but it is set on a mileage timer. That will be replaced prior to the sale. The car currently has 37K on it. Now onto the car

ENGINE / TRANSMISSION
2.4L VVT-i engine with about 170HP
Factory TRD full Cold Air Intake with bypass valve
Factory TRD Sport Muffler
Factory TRD Short Throw Shifter with authentic TRD Leather Shift Knob
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch and resurfaced flywheel (replaced by St. Cloud Toyota prior to her purchase. Dealer Manager didn't like the stock clutch feel and thought it needed a more agressive clutch to match the look/options this car has)
Approximately 28-30MPG

WHEELS / SUSPENSION
Stock tC shocks
Tien SS lowering springs (appx. 1.5" drop)
Yokohama Advan High Performance All-Season Tires with lots of tread left.
Factory TRD Upper Shock Tower Brace
OEM tC Multi-spoke 17" rims
OEM Disc brakes all around with TRD brake pads (they squeak when cold, but when warmed up they GRIP)

INTERIOR
Factory Blue Interior Illumination Kit
Factory Alpine-based Navigation System w/ DVD playback
Factory Carbon Fiber Dash kit
Factory Blue Illuminated SCION Kickplates
Full Panoramic Sunroof

EXTERIOR
Factory Scion Lip Kit (small crack on the passenger side SEE PIC BELOW)
Factory Scion Pedestal Spoiler
Factory Scion tC Carbon Fiber Headlight Eyelids
Factory Scion tC B-Pillar Appliqué
Factory Scion Rear Bumper Protector
Factory Scion Rear Projector Taillights
Factory Scion Front Projector-style Headlights

OTHER
The last owner installed LED underglow, but only about half of it works. Can be removed if you so choose (I was thinking of taking it off anyways)
He also installed engine bay racing flashers (can be removed)
I painted the front brake calipers light blue. I thought it was going to be darker than it actually was, and I can spray it back to OEM silver if you'd like or finish the rears in blue.

Again, she is only selling because she unfortunately cannot afford it anymore. The car is so much fun to drive and I would buy it, but I'm kind of in the same boat. You can call/text me at 218-290-9943 email me at rclundstrom@gmail.com and I can send more pictures if you'd like (she's not really a car person so she told me to post my number/email). But I should be able to answer most questions about it.

Generic walkaround video
Another walkaround with everything closed and a quick exhaust note video

Last edited by Litestorm17 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackSVTGuy

Nice TC, GLWS.
Litestorm17

BlackSVTGuy wrote:Nice TC, GLWS.
Thanks. It is really awesome, and about as much fun to drive as my Focus, but I can't afford it even more than she can't. Otherwise, I'd buy it myself.
MCPunk79
Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

I can vouch for the car... i've driven it, and rode in it... it's a REALLY nice, clean, fun car... it sure stands out from all the other tC's you see out there and honestly for ALL other cars out there as well. It has looks, sound, performance and comfort... the furture owner(s) of this will have one VERY nice, unique ride for sure. Good luck!
Litestorm17

Bump for new price and added videos. Tell your friends or family, this car has to be gone soon!