ST Rims, left and forgotten for 2 years

Show off your pictures!!!
Litestorm17
Car: 07 Roush Stage 1 Trib.

I bought a 2007 ST back in Jan. 2009, the stock machined 16" rims were on. 3 days later, a tire blew due to being bald on the extreme inside edge, so that rim was bent. I put SES rims on, because nobody could find a replacement at the time. 9 months later, the car was squished by a tree. When the insurance adjustor came to pick up the car (totaled it), I just threw the bent ST rim in the trunk and kept the three good ones, on the grounds that I was going to get another one. Well, things changed, so I just tossed them in the woods behind my grandmas house. I completely forgot about them until recently. Now, after 2 years of sitting face down in the dirt in the woods for 2 years, they have returned back to me.

The squished car they originally came from

I honestly thought they were going to be melted piles in the woods. But, they were just pretty dirty, and full of leaves.

Gave them a good scrubbing, and this showed up. Looks like I didn't get away with as much as I thought I did. The corrosion isn't very bad, though. It's definitely fixable. Now, all I need to do is find one cheap one, and I'll have a complete set for winter!
Midget

It's a shame they were face down in the woods :(

Face up and they'd probably still look like new.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Have salvage yards put you on a list or search for that type of wheel and they might be able to locate one for you.

Also check keystone for that wheel also. They would have given you a replacement in partial trade for your damaged one. :(

http://www.lkqcorp.com/auto-light-truck ... heels.aspx
Last edited by Patalrob on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Hit em with aircraft stripper and repaint them...
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Litestorm17

Yeah, my friend has a sandblaster, so I'm sure he'll let me use it sometime. I'm going to try and hit them with some plastidip to cover them up for now. I've got a WTB thread on FJ, we'll see where it goes. I'm in no real hurry to get another rim yet.
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

PlastiDip actually works pretty good for winter wheels. Just make sure the coats are very thick. I used it last year on my OEM wheels.
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

o2designs wrote:PlastiDip actually works pretty good for winter wheels. Just make sure the coats are very thick. I used it last year on my OEM wheels.
I have it on my truck grill, a few chips in it but it's been on there since July of last year.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
Litestorm17

I've never heard of/used plastidip before. After some YouTube vids, I definitely think that stuff is the best thing ever invented! I'll be picking some up shortly, but I need to find that one more rim.