New Member: 02 SVT Focus in Sonic Blue

Show off your pictures!!!
MCPunk79
Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

Greetings MNfocus members. I'm definetly NOT new to the forum game... I have purchased a new car, which means time for ANOTHER forum! LOL! This is currently the fourth car for my fourth forum (I'll post the other cars in another thread). But any way, on to the car... I just picked up (friday) my newest member to the collection/family: a 2002 Ford Focus SVT in Sonic Blue., which I purchased from a private seller. The car currently has 90k on the OD and with the exception of the Typhoon K&N short ram intake, CFM throttle body and short throw, and drilled and slotted brake rotors, the car is completly stock from what I can tell. (I also got a set of Hankook Ice Bear winter tires for the car) It's a GREAT car and I REALLY enjoy it! My friend (member Litestorm14) has a gorgeous 07 ROUSH clone Focus which really got me into the Focus community. He's been a proud Focus member for some time now, and is on his second Focus. I purchased this car because I was really looking for a manual transmission daily driver that was NOT in perfect shape and had some miles on it, and of course, I wanted something that looked sporty, cool and had a nice healthy combination of performance and sensability. This car is just right!
I don't have any MAJOR plans for modification, i've had that sickness on numeroous occasions, and it gets VERY pricey... I have a fully built ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang, that pretty much took car of my mod bug. Things I do want to do to the car are just maintain it's current integrity while assisting it along to be the best it can. The K&N intake I would love to replace with an FSWerks kit. I'd like to also pick up the FSWerks strut bar. Everything else is just cosmetic issues I have... such as the sandblasted headlights that have cracked seals and the drivers side seat with a hole in the leather. I just really want to enjoy the car... but need to have the car checked over to see if it's all on the up and up. I have it scheduled to have the oil changed, transmission flushed, brakes, suspension components, bushings, water pump, timing chain, belts, plugs and injectors all looked at. I've had it looked at by some mechanically inclined members, but it needs further TLC.
I look forward to using MNfocus as a wonderful tool to help me learn all about my SVT Focus and help me along the way in what I hope is a wonderful experince with a wonderful automobile. Thanks for reading, now... on to the pics!!!

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv32 ... ?start=all
MCPunk79

The pictures taken here where during the test drive. The car, IMO, was quite dirty and have since been working on the car to "clean it up". I will definetly be posting up quite a few more pictures as the car progresses on in it's life with me and my collection/family.
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

Nice looking SVT 8)

Welcome to MNFocus!
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
PBZX3

Agree. Nice looking SVT.

Here's a link you should take a look at seeing how you have 90K on the odometer.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5082
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
ThatOneBigKid
Car: 2002 Acura RSX Type-SC

Good looking SVT man. Welcome and enjoy your stay!
2002 RSX Type-S - JRSC - Pulley Boys 3.2" Pulley (9 psi) - RC 750cc Injectors - Hondata Kpro ECU - GReddy Evo TT Exhaust - DC Sports Race Header - Injen CAI - Competition Clutch Stage 4 - Quaife LSD - 280whp
ch435
Boom. Oh shit...
Car: 02 Subaru Outback

Looks real nice. Love the color!
Let's go boating.

MCPunk79

Yes, I plan on having the timing belt/chain and a slew of other things checked out this week... I surely hope nothing is wrong.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

welcome to the site :) gotta love svt's! :D
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
MCPunk79

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

You might also want to check the thermostat housing before winter as well, mine leaked from the bottom plug once it started getting cold out, then failed completely the following spring.

Also, if you're thinking of paying anyone for the tranny flush, don't. Get an 8mm allen socket and do it yourself, takes 10 minutes and you probably won't even have to jack up the car. And as far as suspension stuff goes, there's nothing you can't get off with a good impact wrench....Sometimes the bolts just come out in pieces....
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Welcome to the site, the SVT is a great little car.

As long as you take care of it, it'll take care of you. :D

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Welcome to the site, the SVT is a great little car.

Tell that to my fuel pressure issues.....
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
bflesher

So sexy. Makes me kind of regret not getting blue.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

tgnorman wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Welcome to the site, the SVT is a great little car.

Tell that to my fuel pressure issues.....
Did you ever take it to anyone to have it looked at or were you just throwing parts at it? :?

Some issues can be tough to figure out even for a trained tech, especially when it's something unusual and uncommon like you had going on with yours.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
MCPunk79

I have mine at the dealership right now... NO forseeable issues at this time... having the timing belt checked out, the fluids, the suspension, the clutch... I'll give it another good look over once I get it back... Like the intake runners and thermostat housing, which I see can be issues... I plan on running it through the winter, so I want everything in tip-top shape... granted I don' drive a great deal in the winter, the cold will have it's effect. I'll also put on a set of meaty winter tires as well... Hankooks. Might do an automatic starter as well, just because they are SO convienent in the winter.