SVTF Gauges Dead

For your Ford Focus related discussion
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

I drove the car 150 miles on Monday with no issues. It sat for two days, and today when I started it the gauge cluster is pretty much dead: no tach, speedometer, odometer, fuel or temp gauges (although the two right-most gauges, oil pressure & oil temp work). I tried the obvious: checked fuses 36 & 61, and they're fine.
Some potential clues:
- I have a "Check Fuel Cap" light, and have had this intermittently for a while. I replaced the cap a few days ago, but no change.
- I have had a CEL (P0457, Evap System) for a while, including the trip on Monday. The CEL is off now, but it doesn't light even when the key is 1st turned on before starting the engine.
- I checked all of the smaller-sized fuses under the hood; i.e.: the same physical size as the under-dash fuses, and they are all fine.
- The car runs perfectly, and all other systems seem to be working, including the gauge backlighting.

Help!
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Doc
Car: to many to list

If it were me, I'd just try swapping in another cluster and see what happens. If it works, then your issue must be in your cluster. Send it out to get repaired, get a used one for an svt close to your mileage, or maybe other options? If the issues remain, you may have a headache to deal with.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Any signs of rodents in the parking areas the car is frequently left in? They can wreak havoc by chewing on things.

Steve
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Doc
Car: to many to list

oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

I took it into the shop last Wednesday for repair. The car hadn't been run for a week. Lo and behold, the gauges were working again when I started the car. The mechanic did a search of a repair database, and apparently there have been issues with dirty circuit boards and connections (the mechanic cleaned them). The only negative is that now the odometer backlight does not work. Everything else works fine, just no backlight on the rectangle that forms the odometer gauge.
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Odometer backlight is just bulbs, did he take any of them out?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

If this is the digital window then no its a electro luminous somthein er other gauge will need to be replaced .
Image wink wink.....bitches