need help swapping a manual into my racecar

For your Ford Focus related discussion
ZX3_HORNET_RACER
Car: 2001 ZX3 HORNET

my car is a 2007 ZX5 DIRT TRACK RACE CAR with a duratec and an automatic, I have a donor car which is a 2005 ZX3 with a duratec and a 5 speed manual. Yes I have searched, but there isn't a lot of info on duratec swaps like there is with Zetecs. I plan on keeping the engine from my 2007 sense the 2005 motor has a smashed intake throttle body and other part from an accident.

Anyways, im finding mixed answers...

do I have to swap the entire wiring harness from the computer to under the hood (and back to the fuel pump) or do I just change the short harness that is on the transmission?

I have heard the manual cars have a different throttle bodies and/or sensors?

What do I need to do to hook up the 2 safety sensors/switches on the clutch pedal? I heard I can bypass the starter switch (this is race car)

Sense I have to use the computer from the manual car, I heard I have to switch the ignition switch and key for the anti theft crap to work?

I plan on getting an SCT tuner with custom programing so im not sure if that helps solve any problems with the swap

my car (2007) had 3 oxygen sensors, I plan on using the 2005 manifold with no cat

lastly, how do I post a picture
Doc
Car: to many to list

I not know, but changing short harness sounds possible, worth unplugging both and looking at connections to see if they look like they match up.
I hope you don't have to remove the wiring I need for my project. If you do need the body wiring, can you take it out of another one of my parts cars instead?

Yes key needs to stay with computer. Changing tumbler is easy.

You posted pics before. How'd ya do it then? Photos need to be hosted on something like photo bucket, then use img link on here.
Last edited by Doc on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

You have both cars, just swap the full harness and you'll have less issues down the road.

If you swap PCMs then swapping ignition cylinders will also make your life easier.

To post pics just upload the pics to a photo hosting site, I use Photobucket, then just copy and past the IMG. code.

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
ZX3_HORNET_RACER

It sounds like I DO have to change the complete harness do to different connections under the hood, but I can use the stock automatic computer and ignition if I have the computer reprogrammed with a SCT programmer. I also don't need the clutch pedal switches.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Why not change the PCM, It's easy enough and the ignition cylinder is a breeze as well.

The only issue would be different door keys unless you swap those as well.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
ZX3_HORNET_RACER

The programmer will be easiest... And my doors are welded shut lol
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

ZX3_HORNET_RACER wrote:The programmer will be easiest... And my doors are welded shut lol
If you're already swapping the whole harness, why not just plug in the other computer? All you need to swap the cylinder is the old key, the new key and cylinder and a screwdriver. It takes about a minute. It'll be cheaper and faster than getting a programmer to turn off PATS.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable