Light Engine Knock

For your Ford Focus related discussion
ThatOneBigKid
Car: 2002 Acura RSX Type-SC

So over the weekend my 04 SVTF developed a slight engine knock. It seems to be more on the passenger side of the motor. Sounds to be internal. 170k on the clock. No codes or warning lights. Not very loud at all.

Pisses me off because I have someone that is pretty interested in buying it.

Any one have any ideas as to what it could be or what I should do to determine what exactly is causing the noise?

Any suggestions or help are much appreciated!
2002 RSX Type-S - JRSC - Pulley Boys 3.2" Pulley (9 psi) - RC 750cc Injectors - Hondata Kpro ECU - GReddy Evo TT Exhaust - DC Sports Race Header - Injen CAI - Competition Clutch Stage 4 - Quaife LSD - 280whp
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Does it do it all the time?

Does it happen while the clutch is engaged or while out of gear?

I'd drain the oil and see if any metal is in it for starters, if you hear it all the time....

Also when was the cutch put in? I've had clutch issues that sound remotely similar before....
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
ThatOneBigKid

Clutch was done at 75k. Makes the same noise whether I push in or let out the clutch. Makes same noise if I put the engine under a load(car in 2nd gear and foot on the brake. Pull clutch out enough to make it squat but not enough to kill it).

Going to check oil tomorrow. Praying right now i don't see metal pieces. Please pray to the car gods for me. :(
2002 RSX Type-S - JRSC - Pulley Boys 3.2" Pulley (9 psi) - RC 750cc Injectors - Hondata Kpro ECU - GReddy Evo TT Exhaust - DC Sports Race Header - Injen CAI - Competition Clutch Stage 4 - Quaife LSD - 280whp
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Does the noise change with engine speed?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
ThatOneBigKid

The noise seems to happen more frequently the higher the rpm, but it doesn't get any louder.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Doesn't sound like it'd be knock then.
I'd look more for a loose pulley. Water pump pulley will make a knocking sound if loose.
--John
ThatOneBigKid

After having my old man and my buddy look and listen to it they came to the same conclusion that it must be a loose pulley. Going to drop it off at my buddies shop tomorrow to have it looked at. I just don't have the time right now to look at it myself.

Will report back when I know what the exact cause is.
ThatOneBigKid

Dropped it off this morning at my buddies shop. Should hear back today or tomorrow on the source and have it fix. Glad to hear that more than likely it is a pulley. :D

Thanks to all for the advice and insight.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Hope its just a pully. Other wise i know a guy trying to sell a car with a low mileage svt engine in it for a good price. :lol: the whole car for the price of a 75k engine and trans 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
ThatOneBigKid

Just picked her up this morning. No more knocking!!!! :D

Turns out the water pump bearing decided to take a dump, so I had the whole thing replaced.

Good as new and I couldn't be happier or more revealed.

Thanks again to all for your input. Much appreciated?