Driving to dealership...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

WASaZX3pos wrote:
focinite wrote:Lost power and then blew the ignition fuse? Sounds like a shorted coil. WCS possible pcm. What engine? I had a wire pull out of my coil harness once...took about four hours to figure that one out. :lol: check your bases....air fuel spark compression then go from there 8)
Genius.
Now get some cams with good over lap and you dont need egr. I have found its the simplest dumb thing that causes the biggest problems.....in life...
No matter the problem its some ting dum.
Mqke them wires shorter and rout them away from the egr :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

focinite wrote:
WASaZX3pos wrote:
focinite wrote:Lost power and then blew the ignition fuse? Sounds like a shorted coil. WCS possible pcm. What engine? I had a wire pull out of my coil harness once...took about four hours to figure that one out. :lol: check your bases....air fuel spark compression then go from there 8)
Genius.
Now get some cams with good over lap and you dont need egr. I have found its the simplest dumb thing that causes the biggest problems.....in life...
No matter the problem its some ting dum.
Mqke them wires shorter and rout them away from the egr :lol:
Thats the plan, with the wires anyway. Cams are just so spendy. I think it will be plenty fun without them also.
WASaZX3pos

The ecu was put in at the dealer, but they couldn't get into it to match my keys to it. Anyone know a dealer that specializes in this, or would know more? Steve, have a few questions for you too. Why would they need to take the key codes out of the old ecu, then put them back in when they put the stock computer back in? Thats after they tried to use the pw comp. I just dont want to pay for nothing.
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

EDIT:Did you have a different PCM installed then they re-installed the orgional one? If so when you remove a module and perform program module installation to a new module, it removed the VIN from the module you have removed. They would then have to do a program module installation to the orgional module if they were to re-install it

PATS is stored to the instrument cluster, not the PCM. If they re-installed the orgional PCM they shouldn't have had to do anything with the keys. The only thing they might have had to do is perform a perameter reset which clears any PATS (theft) codes in the modules. There could be issues with the PATS ring or wiring or the instrument cluster itself
WASaZX3pos

FocusMech.73155 wrote:EDIT:Did you have a different PCM installed then they re-installed the orgional one? If so when you remove a module and perform program module installation to a new module, it removed the VIN from the module you have removed. They would then have to do a program module installation to the orgional module if they were to re-install it

PATS is stored to the instrument cluster, not the PCM. If they re-installed the orgional PCM they shouldn't have had to do anything with the keys. The only thing they might have had to do is perform a perameter reset which clears any PATS (theft) codes in the modules. There could be issues with the PATS ring or wiring or the instrument cluster itself
Yes I guess that makes sense. Had them try to put the new unmatched pwsc tuned comp into the car to match the pats keys to it, so I didn't have to tune the car. Should I ask them to try that proceedure? Or could I just slap it in and get the pats code from the dealership by the vin off the ecu, then have them code the keys?
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The keys aren't coded to the car or PCM, the car/PCM is programmed to recognize the keys. They should be able to slap in the tuned PCM and program it to recognize your keys.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
WASaZX3pos

Steve, know anyone with expertise in doing that? I just want it done. It is at Hayford.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

As far as I know any dealership should be able to manage it, there's nothing magical about it.

SMOKEDFSVT
Car: 02 svt. red

maybe we should exercise my truck and trailer and just bring it to auto nation and see what they can do with it? lol
Steve@Tasca
Midget

SMOKEDFSVT wrote:maybe we should exercise my truck and trailer and just bring it to auto nation and see what they can do with it? lol
I'm pretty sure we have a guy that could get it done. 8)

WASaZX3pos

SMOKEDFSVT wrote:maybe we should exercise my truck and trailer and just bring it to auto nation and see what they can do with it? lol
I don't have any time to do that this weekend. Leaving for Mankato tomorrow am. Could you do it?
SMOKEDFSVT
Car: 02 svt. red

get them to leave the keys locked in it and i think i could figure it out.
FocusMech.73155

Just an FYI.....if Im the guy Steve is refering to.......I have Jury duty next week so I will not be around. Either way, you don't need to be a engineer to figure a way to get a PCM to function in a car.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

I just got a jury duty notice as well, I sent in the form to get out of it, no way I can afford the time off.

FocusMech.73155

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:I just got a jury duty notice as well, I sent in the form to get out of it, no way I can afford the time off.

tousley (autonation ford) pays you for your jury duty. I believe it is the same as your vacation pay