Driving to dealership...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Steve@Tasca
Midget

FocusMech.73155 wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:I just got a jury duty notice as well, I sent in the form to get out of it, no way I can afford the time off.

tousley (autonation ford) pays you for your jury duty. I believe it is the same as your vacation pay
I don't think it's full pay. I'd also just as soon be here because if I'm not all my work gets backed up big time since there's really no backup for what I do.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

FocusMech.73155 wrote:Just an FYI.....if Im the guy Steve is refering to.......I have Jury duty next week so I will not be around. Either way, you don't need to be a engineer to figure a way to get a PCM to function in a car.
Someone else there smart enough to do it?
WASaZX3pos

Trying to get it down Saturday. Think Hayford will refund me if I bring it down there and you guys get it done? Special mnfocus discounts? Lol
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

WASaZX3pos wrote:
FocusMech.73155 wrote:EDIT:Did you have a different PCM installed then they re-installed the orgional one? If so when you remove a module and perform program module installation to a new module, it removed the VIN from the module you have removed. They would then have to do a program module installation to the orgional module if they were to re-install it

PATS is stored to the instrument cluster, not the PCM. If they re-installed the orgional PCM they shouldn't have had to do anything with the keys. The only thing they might have had to do is perform a perameter reset which clears any PATS (theft) codes in the modules. There could be issues with the PATS ring or wiring or the instrument cluster itself
Yes I guess that makes sense. Had them try to put the new unmatched pwsc tuned comp into the car to match the pats keys to it, so I didn't have to tune the car. Should I ask them to try that proceedure? Or could I just slap it in and get the pats code from the dealership by the vin off the ecu, then have them code the keys?
im sorry but most them ass holes sound stupid as fuck. now this is a drunk post of most extreams, but i think a persone would be able to program a set of keys in a hour or so. i should get a job back at the dealer ship ..... its full of dumb asses!!!!!!!!! im a mastwer mechanice!!!!!!!!! fuck yeah!!!!! 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
focinite

WASaZX3pos wrote:
FocusMech.73155 wrote:EDIT:Did you have a different PCM installed then they re-installed the orgional one? If so when you remove a module and perform program module installation to a new module, it removed the VIN from the module you have removed. They would then have to do a program module installation to the orgional module if they were to re-install it

PATS is stored to the instrument cluster, not the PCM. If they re-installed the orgional PCM they shouldn't have had to do anything with the keys. The only thing they might have had to do is perform a perameter reset which clears any PATS (theft) codes in the modules. There could be issues with the PATS ring or wiring or the instrument cluster itself
Yes I guess that makes sense. Had them try to put the new unmatched pwsc tuned comp into the car to match the pats keys to it, so I didn't have to tune the car. Should I ask them to try that proceedure? Or could I just slap it in and get the pats code from the dealership by the vin off the ecu, then have them code the keys?
im sorry but most them ass holes sound stupid as fuck. now this is a drunk post of most extreams, but i think a persone would be able to program a set of keys in a hour or so. i should get a job back at the dealer ship ..... its full of dumb asses!!!!!!!!! im a mastwer mechanice!!!!!!!!! fuck yeah!!!!! 8)
WASaZX3pos

Went to bring it down tonight and grenaded bearings out the trailer. Focusmech do you work this week?
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

WASaZX3pos wrote:Went to bring it down tonight and grenaded bearings out the trailer. Focusmech do you work this week?
Jury duty
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

FocusMech.73155 wrote:duty
focinite

Ok. Aside me being a drunk a-hole, i dont get what happened. You need keys programed? Do you have two now? I think i remember.... take key one, put it in hole, cycle on/off five times,doors will lock and unlock, take key two and do the same thing, then take key three and put in, cycle on, count ten then hit the fob buttons and fugin blammo you got three keys and fobs! :lol:

Oh and focusmech said duty :lol:
WASaZX3pos

FocusMech.73155 wrote:
WASaZX3pos wrote:Went to bring it down tonight and grenaded bearings out the trailer. Focusmech do you work this week?
Jury duty
Shitty. If they can't get it, I'll leave it there till you can look at it. I needs the pw tuned ecu put in, then my keys matched to it. Nothing else, nothing more. The key trick dont work I don't think. Btw, don't have electronic locks. Can ya say base model! Ha
WASaZX3pos

Autonation did it. Time to bitch up a storm at Hayford. Get my monies back. Going to go get it tonight.
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

WASaZX3pos wrote:Autonation did it. Time to bitch up a storm at Hayford. Get my monies back. Going to go get it tonight.
Including myself there is 9 master techs and 3 senior master techs at tousley (autonation) out of 23.That is just in the main shop. There is more down at fleet. We typically get the hand me downs from the other dealerships. Glad it got fixed. Now you know where to go when you need it done right the first time
:D
WASaZX3pos

FocusMech.73155 wrote:
Including myself there is 9 master techs and 3 senior master techs at tousley (autonation) out of 23.That is just in the main shop. There is more down at fleet. We typically get the hand me downs from the other dealerships. Glad it got fixed. Now you know where to go when you need it done right the first time
Basically. Couldn't figure out why it was so boggy for a bit there... Then found a loose shifter cable. Turns out starting to move a car in 3rd is tough. Also, whoever parked it in front for me decided to put the bumper into the curb stop. Pushed the lip and license plate up. Find out who and give em shit. I give ya permission. Runs great now tho. Usually I fix my own stuff, but in computer stuff I'm basically useless.
SMOKEDFSVT
Car: 02 svt. red

FocusMech.73155 wrote:
WASaZX3pos wrote:Autonation did it. Time to bitch up a storm at Hayford. Get my monies back. Going to go get it tonight.
x2! i dont think well be wasting our time with that place anymore.
WASaZX3pos

Just wired the boost and oil gauge. Reads -10 and 80 lbs at idle. Any input? Boost guage sits at 3 after hooking it up the first time. Maybe ruined?