Driving to dealership...

For your Ford Focus related discussion
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

WASaZX3pos wrote:Just wired the boost and oil gauge. Reads -10 and 80 lbs at idle. Any input? Boost guage sits at 3 after hooking it up the first time. Maybe ruined?
I am assuming that the oil gauge is reading the -10 and 80 and the boost gauge is 3??? I would say that there is something wrong with that.

Where did you tap in for the oil pressure? the sender? what gauge do you have and did it come with its own sender, or are you piggy backing the factory one?

Recommendation for the boost gauge is get a hold of a vacuum/pressure gauge and check pressure at the gauge. If it is reading different then the gauge is either junk or needs to be calibrated
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

Nah the boost gauge is running at vacuum 10-12 at idle. Only boosts up to 4 at wot. Sits at 3 when not running. Oil is running at 75+ before warm up. Then goes down to 25-35 after warm and pegs at 75+ at wot. Oil gauge ing and both gauge lights are wired into the rear of the cluster. I'm falling in love with this thing the more I drive it. Crisp clean driving. Sounds a bit ricey with the fs header and borla, oh well.

Gauges are both autometer phantoms. Sender is on the oil filter relocator.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

sound about normal to me. if you dont like it there then use a 0 weight oil. you will always have high oil pressure when the oil is cold, its thicker, but as it warms it thins out. mine hits about 80psi on wot. 4 pounds of boost is sooooo tiiiiiiinnneeeeeeeey crank it up to 12 youll be fine. 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches