ford techs unite!!!!!!!!!!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

How many out there.... and be honest....when pulling the crank pulley oft a 2.3 duratec shit them selves when they found out the crank is not keyd!?!?!?! I have no speeshul twol kit so i proceded to fill my pants..... i then remembered about the bolt on the tmng cover that lockw the cank... but had no good details on the proceedure as mitchel shows crayon scribbles!!!! I first thought i broke something when i turned the crank and the cams didnt move...... who the fuck thought up this! ?!?!?! The crqnk bolt sqwishes the pulley to the tming gear( wich is not fuckin keyed either!!!!!!!!!) So the whole shabeeb is held together by hopes, dreams and unicorn farts........ fer ral ford you been spending tooooooooo merch time wis za germahns. There is a reasone they lost both wars, bunch a over thinkin, ralsh-sbee-douche stroddel mutha flushers!!!!!!!!!! No one told me that bolt didnt lock the crank as much as it didnt allow to turn after you bolt the crank pulley to the timing cover....yeah you must bolt the fucking crwnk pulley in place before you put the crank pulley bolt in...... :shock: i had made a cam lock out of some flat steel. So i get it all back together it runs and no check engine lights...... i have a new found love for the z tec engines.
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

The fuck you think I never wanted to upgrade?
I know this chain drive crap is for losers. :lol:

Odd thing is, how many slipped chains/gears/smushed valves have you ever heard of on a dura? I've heard of none (but I don't pay much attention either) ... er did Ryan (zx2ricer/mnfocusS) smush his? (I'll have to ask him)

I'm just waiting for someone with a nice big turbo to stab the throttle and ,,, zing, off goes the pulley and OH SHIT ensues.

Honestly, I had no clue until I did research on FJ when I had to retime Ryan's car. Kinda neat that all the required tools can be found on the car though.
--John
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

You think that is bad, wait until you get a new fiesta in for a timing belt......VCT cams, timing belt, and no keyway on the crank for the timing gear and the pulley. My buddy at work had to do a oil pump under warranty. Trying to time that thing while trying to hold everything in place while performing a "TORQUE TO YIELD" proceedure on the crank pulley was a PITA....duratechs aren't so bad because of the crank holding tool and the crank pulley holding bolt.
focinite

I bet its a off shoot of the duretec that fiesta. Yeah it would ......wait a minute, dont you guys hqve the lock down tools for.all the engns there at the dealer :shock:
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

yeah.......doesn't make it too much easier. the new fiesta doesn't have a locking pin for the crank. everything is held by the cam locking tool. that cam locking tool is suposed to hold the crank in place while doing torque to yeild. It holds it in place by a rubber timing belt....think about how that goes over
focinite

How that work? If the crank aint keyed then how the heck does the sst tools hold it by the cams? I take it bwck, i dont need to learn any of this new shit. :shock:
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

This is why I stick to Auto body... Not much changes in that field of work. :D
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........