Knock Sensor?

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Steve@Tasca
Midget

focinite wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
focinite wrote:Huh......well aint some one all super smart. Sept that wount fit in a focus :?
You lack vision and imagination. :-P
no, what i lack is giant eff-ing hole in the rear floor of my car :lol: those look to be mustang-ish. And if i had my way, i would imagin and vision a gt500 engine trans and rear end under ma focus. 8)
Didn't you ever see the rear drive, 4.6 DOHC twin turbo, Pro-Street Focus sedan someone built?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Ive seen alot of rear drive swaps. I had it figured to about twenty grand to do if i kept to used parts( explorer engine , used t-5, used 8.8 , no a/c and newer kit back when kougel still made them. But thats alot of money for a fore head penis. :lol: you know what kinda fox i could build fer twenty g?!..... a efing bad ace one 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
Doc
Car: to many to list

20 grand to do a v8 swap with used parts.!? I think you added wrong. I'm thinking more like 2 grand with used parts (not counting labor). :lol:
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

Doc wrote:20 grand to do a v8 swap with used parts.!? I think you added wrong. I'm thinking more like 2 grand with used parts (not counting labor). :lol:
He's counting the stupid expensive Kugel kit.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

harold wrote:
Doc wrote:20 grand to do a v8 swap with used parts.!? I think you added wrong. I'm thinking more like 2 grand with used parts (not counting labor). :lol:
Yes. Cus i dont want fug wit trying to figure out how to use fox body parts trial and error of fabing a front cross member slash engine mount or how to bolt in a foxes 8.8. With the kougl kit you retaine the same weight balance, lower control arms and you could use svt struts with the kits springs. It is a 108 hour job to install the swap kit qnd plumb lines for the fuel and brakes. The kit was 90% bolt in with 4 holes that need to be drilled and a trans tunnel needed to be cut. So expensive yes, time saving yes, stupid......no. and doc i would worship the ground you walk on if you could find a way to do the swap for two grand. And i would buy it from you 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
harold

focinite wrote:
harold wrote:
Yes. Cus i dont want fug wit trying to figure out how to use fox body parts trial and error of fabing a front cross member slash engine mount or how to bolt in a foxes 8.8. With the kougl kit you retaine the same weight balance, lower control arms and you could use svt struts with the kits springs. It is a 108 hour job to install the swap kit qnd plumb lines for the fuel and brakes. The kit was 90% bolt in with 4 holes that need to be drilled and a trans tunnel needed to be cut. So expensive yes, time saving yes, stupid......no. and doc i would worship the ground you walk on if you could find a way to do the swap for two grand. And i would buy it from you 8)
Sorry, I dropped a hyphen. The kit is stupid-expensive. It has to be because it's such a low-volume deal. I think the route Doc and I would go is to sink more time into it to avoid paying for the kit.

I would also like to avoid a live-axle, so if I was going to do it, I'd find a way to do IRS. I think with a live-axle, it'd be doable for $2k with the skills Doc has, I'm sure he'd be able to get there. Especially if he's got a bunch of parts and stock lying around. It's like the GRM Challenge cars or CHUMPCAR and LeMons. People can do amazing stuff on a low budget.

Also, one of the magazines had the swap performed for them and it cost them $20k. Unless you're paying a shop to do it, you should come in way under that.
Not interchangeable
Doc

harold wrote: I would also like to avoid a live-axle, so if I was going to do it, I'd find a way to do IRS.
So a thunderbird for the donor vehicle? A guy should be able to find one of those unwanted cars pretty easy/"cheap".
harold

Doc wrote:
harold wrote: I would also like to avoid a live-axle, so if I was going to do it, I'd find a way to do IRS.
So a thunderbird for the donor vehicle? A guy should be able to find one of those unwanted cars pretty easy/"cheap".
Or maybe a Miata or BMW. Nobody says all the parts have to come from the same car. Hell, you can get circle track A-arms pretty cheap new, so you could just fab up something back there with new parts. One of my friends was really pushing for a Jag X-Type drivetrain in a Focus, but obviously that'd be a more expensive donor.

As it is, I'm not tackling this one any time soon. I'm still in the middle of my 5.0 944 swap.
Not interchangeable
Doc

harold wrote:... I'm still in the middle of my 5.0 944 swap.
This thread sure has gone off topic.
Do you have a thread somewhere for this project? Sounds interesting.
harold

Doc wrote:
harold wrote:... I'm still in the middle of my 5.0 944 swap.
This thread sure has gone off topic.
Do you have a thread somewhere for this project? Sounds interesting.
I've got some pictures and stuff on my Tumblr site, but I haven't been updating it as much as I should. I do have pictures of the torque tube adapter and the left header on there. The right header is just a Summit-brand block-hugger.

We're working on the pilot bearing issue right now. There's a lot of info out there for LT1 and LSx swaps, but pretty much any other swap is one of a kind.
Not interchangeable