DAMN OIL LEAK!!!!

For your Ford Focus related discussion
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

So,
- It doesn't leak from above the windage tray.
- It doesn't leak from the oil pan 'gasket'.
- It leaks around the intermediate shaft mount somewhere on the windage tray.
- It looks like the alignment hole and bolt directly above the mount are dry.

So you guys thinking what I am? Cracked windage tray near the mount?
Only thing I can come up with is that all the miles, racing and beating on the car, have finally taken their toll. Something there has to have a hairline crack. Fuckin' awesome ...
I'm not fixing it or investigating any further. Just going to add oil as needed, so far about 1qt every 800 miles. Come Spring this engines getting pulled and swapped for a stock one. Built block is going in the other car.

I've never heard of anyone cracking a windage tray. But then again not many have been ritually beating their car for as many miles as me, 192xxx at current.
--John
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

I have a phantom coolant leak on the pass side. Every thing is dry! But every morning i have about a paint lid size puddle . Over flow is dry. Ater pump is dry. Oil cooler is dry. Hoses for cooler are.dry.
Image wink wink.....bitches
Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

Thermostat?
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I have a similar oil leak. I am going to have to deal with it once the weather gets better and the turbofication commences. I am going through a ton of oil right now.
Slower than your stock focus.
focinite

Macky21 wrote:Thermostat?
Passenger side if i forgot to type that. Dont know. Ill get dwn there next week end when i install my dog bone v2.0 this one is polished. :lol:
focinite

I know it sounds dumb but clean the area good and set some JB weld along it. I have even gone as far as whizzy wheeling a grove along the crack just into the base material not to far, then jam some of the jb indair. Give yer selv bout ate-tein ours er sew. Shill be rite as rane. :lol: :lol: :lol: that last bit give it a southern drawl it make.sense. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

focinite, start that last sentence with, "you might can" and it will sound way more southern. For example: "you might can jam some of the jb indair. Give yer selv bout ate-tein ours er sew. Shill be rite as a coon hound in rane.
Slower than your stock focus.
focinite

:lol: :lol:
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

That'd mean I'd have to find the crack first. Ain't gonna do that. I'm lazy. It's cold. It can leak all it wants. And I kinda think there's more to it than just a crack, getting lots of moisture out of the breathers, oil looks clean though ... thinking block is cracked internally or ... Run it 'til it doesn't. Call it dead and start fresh.
--John