Info on FS Lip to svtbump

For your Ford Focus related discussion
WASaZX3pos
Car: 01 Canary Yellow zzzZX3

Hey,
Looking for any info on mating a focussport front lip onto a svtbumper.
Any info from other sites would be greatly appreciated, or if you could post on there for me, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Corey
hermitmaster
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37x

It should be similar to putting a Mustang Mach lip on an SVT bumper. Rivets or self-tapping screws and patience.
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

Never seen it done. They made of fiberglass and carbon fiber (read no flex like the Mach 1) so it best be a direct fit. You will be it hero if you pull it off, but they are already so rare since they were discontinued 3-4 years ago, they are real hard to come by. If you already have one, hang tape it into place to check the fitment. If it's a go, a mix of 3m double sided tape may help, but screws are definitely in your future.
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
hermitmaster

HotRodWagon wrote:Never seen it done. They made of fiberglass and carbon fiber (read no flex like the Mach 1) so it best be a direct fit. You will be it hero if you pull it off, but they are already so rare since they were discontinued 3-4 years ago, they are real hard to come by. If you already have one, hang tape it into place to check the fitment. If it's a go, a mix of 3m double sided tape may help, but screws are definitely in your future.
Ya' learn something new every day. I didn't know they were made of glass.
WASaZX3pos

Well thats not much help!
I started today and im thinking ill just have to make a few sheet metal brackets. Hope it goes well.

Slowly but surely haha

When i bought it off you, you said its been done. I did see the picture you had up, but it looks like it may have been deleted.
WASaZX3pos

this may be impossible. seems too short, contemplating cutting the ends off.....
hermitmaster

If they're rare I would try to sell it before hacking it up.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

who cares its slow and ugly and stupid. it a focus they are a girls car. fuck im pissed :shock:
Image wink wink.....bitches
WASaZX3pos

what happened?
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

WASaZX3pos wrote: When i bought it off you, you said its been done. I did see the picture you had up, but it looks like it may have been deleted.
First off I have never sold an FS lip, ever. You bought a Ford Accessory/S2 lip.

Second, I did say it has been done, and posted the pictures. I also said I did not know how it was installed/what was done to install it, nor what the fit would be like, other than it has been fitted as seen in the pictures.

...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
Steve@Tasca
Midget

HotRodWagon wrote:
WASaZX3pos wrote: When i bought it off you, you said its been done. I did see the picture you had up, but it looks like it may have been deleted.
First off I have never sold an FS lip, ever. You bought a Ford Accessory/S2 lip.

Second, I did say it has been done, and posted the pictures. I also said I did not know how it was installed/what was done to install it, nor what the fit would be like, other than it has been fitted as seen in the pictures.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
WASaZX3pos

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
HotRodWagon wrote:

Seems pretty clear cut to me.
huh?
Steve@Tasca
Midget

WASaZX3pos wrote:Image
Seems pretty clear cut to me.[/quote]

huh?[/quote]

The lip you bought is an old Ford accessory kit, not an FS lip.

The picture Hotrodwagon posted is of an SVT with that lip on it to show that it has been done, it's up to you to figure out how to do it though.

-Steve

Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
WASaZX3pos

someone somewhere has to know something.
hermitmaster

What's the problem you seem to be having?