cylinder head install plus other parts install/g2g

Planning the next get together, bbq, install party, etc.
OrbitusXpandeR

Alright, so I've got a frpp cylinder head on it's way through steve. Once it gets here it's off to MAPerformance for coatings and possibly a little more port work. In 2.5-3 weeks time I'll have the cylinder head, cfm oil pump and all three poly mounts to put in. Would anyone out there be interested in helping a guy out? I got a pretty good idea of what needs to happen when john came out last time, but I'd still be more comfortable with someone else with a bit more experience around. I've got a garage in the Robbinsdale area with every tool necessary, warmed by a 210,000 btu propane heater. I don't have a solid date yet, as it would depend on when the head gets back from being worked on, but as I said it'd tentatively be 2.5-3 weeks from now. Any takers? I can offer food, beer and really bad jokes!

Greg
Last edited by OrbitusXpandeR on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte
Car: 02 SVTF

I might be down, pending what schools my new unit sends me to beginning in Feb. I'll let ya know. I'm not to super knowledgeable, but I like to turn wrenches, and I like beer. :lol:
OrbitusXpandeR

they'll send you to school up here?? I can't remember if you were reserve or guard, but in active duty the only way anyone would let you into any schools aside from A/BNOC is with a court order :) I'm not a beer drinker myself, I do ciders, so I'd have to take requests before anyone heads out

Greg
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

lol, I'm reserve. Actually just transferred to a unit in Iowa (southern Iowa, icky) for deployment this year. just got back from a school in Kansas, got one coming up in Feb for Wisc, and maybe one in Florida before I leave. :)
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

I'd be down, depending on my work schedule.
Dean

ZX3_HORNET_RACER
Car: 2001 ZX3 HORNET

I would be willing to help if im not busy, just let me know when.
OrbitusXpandeR

would during the week day/evening or during the weekend work better for you guys? I'll be back in school full time by the time this starts, but that still only means three day a week so my schedule is pretty much wide open.

Greg
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

Weekends work for me.
Dean

STtuner05

i cant say i know much about your car, but if its ok i would like to come by to learn, hang out and maybe help if possible
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

I have every 3rd weekend off. Just had this weekend off. So the weekend of the 29th and 30th is my next (only) days off. If that works and the weather is so so, I can make it again. I have no vacation or sick time because I'm only a temp ... 3M 900 hour, hopefully I can weasel my way into fulltime in the near future.
--John
OrbitusXpandeR

STtuner05 wrote:i cant say i know much about your car, but if its ok i would like to come by to learn, hang out and maybe help if possible
You'd be more than welcome. I'm going to go ahead and say we'll do this on the 29th (Saturday). It honestly shouldn't take too long. The oil pump gears won't be here yet so it's just the cylinder head and engine/trans mounts. The only lengthy part should be clearancing.

If you think you can make it on that date go ahead and let me know what kind of beer we should be drinking :)

Greg
ZX3_HORNET_RACER
Car: 2001 ZX3 HORNET

I should be able to make it.
OrbitusXpandeR

And here I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get anybody...

Greg
Stilz
Ask me about Enzyte

OrbitusXpandeR wrote:And here I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get anybody...

Greg
If you post it... we will come...

well, you said beer. lol
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Think he's referring to like last time.
If people really knew how nice of a guy Greg was they'd bend over backwards ... and his dad's a hell of a cook!
--John