adding factory cruise

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Doc
Car: to many to list

Anyone know for sure how to add factory cruise to a 2010 Focus? I know how to do 07 and older (been there, done that, more than once).
I thought I heard on 2008 up you just need to find the steering wheel controls and get the computer "programmed" for it, and you have cruise. Any truth to this?
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

yes, install new steering wheel and go into programable perameters and select cruise enable
Doc

Dealer only, or can my buddy do it with his high buck scanner?
FocusMech.73155

dealer only. most dealers will charge a pcm reprogram which is about 150 bucks. sad thing it only takes about 10 minutes. if you are ever up in whitebear area on a saturday morning, i could meet you at the dealership and enable it for you.
Doc

Thanks for the offer. Odds are it wouldn't work out to stop by on a Saturday though, but ya never know. First step will be to get it road worthy again. With my backlog even that will take a while.
Doc

Got the car back on the road and all is good except not having cruise sucks. So I called Tenvordee in St. Cloud this morning about programming it. I got a big fat NO. And then they wanted to sell me aftermarket for $499. :roll:
Doc

Put the car on craigslist without adding cruise, sold it a day later to the first person who looked at it. 8)
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

FocusMech.73155 wrote:yes, install new steering wheel and go into programable perameters and select cruise enable
i thoght so. I want to install it on my oh nine vic. If i do ill bring it to i dont have a ....Wont.Do.Shit.......w.d.s ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Image wink wink.....bitches
FocusMech.73155

focinite wrote:
FocusMech.73155 wrote:yes, install new steering wheel and go into programable perameters and select cruise enable
i thoght so. I want to install it on my oh nine vic. If i do ill bring it to i dont have a ....Wont.Do.Shit.......w.d.s ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I don't understand your joke....i must be dumb. I don't think the crown vic allows that modification. There are probably other modules that would require programing or replacement.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

It has a throttle by wire. Thats the cruise modual. And the world diagnostic scanner..... a W.D.S........wont do stuff.......never mind. :( i assume all i need is a wheel and a flash. I spose im old . Do you use the ford star scanner? The one that looks like a T. :lol:
Image wink wink.....bitches
FocusMech.73155

focinite wrote:It has a throttle by wire. Thats the cruise modual. And the world diagnostic scanner..... a W.D.S........wont do stuff.......never mind. :( i assume all i need is a wheel and a flash. I spose im old . Do you use the ford star scanner? The one that looks like a T. :lol:
used one last week actually on a 96 bronco. IDS is the way now though
Doc

Sent a pm but have not heard back. Need this done on another vehicle. Anyone, anyone?