Car For My Son

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

My 22 year old son who just graduated from college needs a car. He has no mechanical skills. Budget is approx. $3000 or less. Ideas? How about a Crown Vic (maybe even an ex-police car)?
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

He's a big boy now. Tell him to grow a pair and find his own damn car. :lol:

CV sounds about right. But the MPG is kinda a killer. There are good used Foci out there that need good homes. Ya'know?
Honestly though, I'd look more for a Toyota or Honda. He'll have student loans and life to pay for now. So any money he doesn't have to spend on transportation is money in the bank (or for the bank). Something with good MPG would be my only criteria.
--John
Doc
Car: to many to list

I'm getting a 2003 Focus ZX4 in on trade in the next day or so. It has 190,000 but seems to run good etc. Loaded up with leather and sunroof.
Last edited by Doc on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

iminhell wrote:He's a big boy now. Tell him to grow a pair and find his own damn car. :lol:

CV sounds about right. But the MPG is kinda a killer. There are good used Foci out there that need good homes. Ya'know?
Honestly though, I'd look more for a Toyota or Honda. He'll have student loans and life to pay for now. So any money he doesn't have to spend on transportation is money in the bank (or for the bank). Something with good MPG would be my only criteria.
I am getting around twenty four mpg. I fill up every tues.
Image wink wink.....bitches
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Really?
I would have expected 20 or under. But i haven't kept up on ANY car recently. I'm just used to a big car not getting good mileage,,, not that 24 is good by todays standards.
--John
Steve@Tasca
Midget

The Vic was rated at 15/23, no reason it couldn't get mid twenties. Kind of have to love driving car that's nearly indestructible too.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Steve@Tasca wrote:The Vic was rated at 15/23, no reason it couldn't get mid twenties. Kind of have to love driving car that's nearly indestructible too.
I am vry happy with my vic. Its so nice to just put people in and not have to worry how big they are or what i have to move. Plus i dont have to run premo fuel and i can go e85 in the summer ... its flex fuel. That big car handles like a car half its size it just needs one of those belt driven thingys ....steve 8) i know you say a yote swap but why not a road runner or a gt 500. Heck i could go eco boost.
Image wink wink.....bitches