Big move

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Hey all, Steve here, Yes that Steve :)

You've probably figured out that I've made a move and I'm here to let you know why and I hate to sound like a television commercial but..........

This last August I met Bob Tasca III at the NHRA Nationals at Brainerd International Raceway where he was running his Nitro Funnycar, I was shocked that he immediately knew
who I was and what I'd been doing for my previous employer and I was honestly shocked at how sharp the guy was and how into the business operations he is. We talked and
exchanged business cards and I thought that was that.

Well it wasn't, while driving home I started getting texts from him and then a couple days later we spoke on the phone and I was invited to fly out and visit their facility
to see the operation.

Once again, I was in for a big surprise. In hanging out with Bob I started to realize that he's probably the most focused, driven, dynamic person I've ever met.
The amount of effort they put into things is amazing, dedicated departments for E-bay, Wholesale, website order fulfillment, their shipping department etc. is incredible.

I spent a day hanging out with his staff and it was truly refreshing seeing how much all his people enjoy their work and how much they love working for Bob,
it's an absolutely amazing place they're building.

So basically, They want me to help them grow their business the same way I grew the business for my previous employer but this time across multiple brands
and after hanging out with Bob and his staff and seeing what they have and knowing what they're capable of I had to make the move.

We'll be offering the same great pricing and with any luck a much higher level of service.

I've got a lot of ideas I've wanted to implement for a long time but never had the time to do and with this new position I'll be able to do things I never could before.

As always, you'll be able to get a hold of me here via PM e-mail at spowell@tasca.com and by phone at our dedicated forum line 1-800-598-1484.

Please do feel free to deal with the guys at the call center, they're there for you and want to help. I'll continue to do as much as I can as well.

Thanks, Steve
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

This is wonderfull news for you Steve!!

What does Tasca all carry?
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Thanks Pat.

Ford, FRPP, Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Nissan and Volvo :)

bflesher

What just happened, I think I missed something? Sounds like a big congratulations is in order though. Guess I can quit spamming "Call Steve at Tousley, err, at Autonation. Wait, call Steve at Tasca" Crap, still have'ta spam.
bflesher

Did Autonation use Tasca's website for parts? The Tasca link above is similar to the old Tousley site. Much easier.
harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

So does this mean I don't get to pick up my battery from you?
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Hey Brandon, Harold. :)

Brandon, spam away. Steve at Tasca or just Tasca parts as we've got a team of people that actually WANT to help you guys.

I will still be around and I'll help out as many people as I can personally but there's only one of me and I know sitting on hold can be quite frustrating, lots of reasons for this move.

Harold, sorry but I won't be there to help with the battery. Please do let me now if there's anything you need, I might not have same day service any longer but I'll get the right parts direct to your door in good time.

Thanks, Steve

harold
Car: '06 BMW 330i

Steve@Tasca wrote:Hey Brandon, Harold. :)

Brandon, spam away. Steve at Tasca or just Tasca parts as we've got a team of people that actually WANT to help you guys.

I will still be around and I'll help out as many people as I can personally but there's only one of me and I know sitting on hold can be quite frustrating, lots of reasons for this move.

Harold, sorry but I won't be there to help with the battery. Please do let me now if there's anything you need, I might not have same day service any longer but I'll get the right parts direct to your door in good time.

Thanks, Steve
Crud.
Focus: singular
Foci: plural
Not interchangeable
Steve@Tasca
Midget

harold wrote: Crud.
You could always swing by the house if you just want to visit :)

Not really kidding either, I'm only about three miles North of there.

oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

Looks like Tasca's presence is all in the New England area - not exactly around the corner! A cupla questions:
1) Are you gonna work from home, some remote site, or???
2) If I order parts, how do I get them (I would assume via normal shipping methods)? Phooey - no delivery truck, and I can't pick stuff up = increased cost!
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

oldoutboardjim wrote:Looks like Tasca's presence is all in the New England area - not exactly around the corner! A cupla questions:
1) Are you gonna work from home, some remote site, or???
2) If I order parts, how do I get them (I would assume via normal shipping methods)? Phooey - no delivery truck, and I can't pick stuff up = increased cost!
Hey Jim, I'm working from home. Sorry but you might be one of the very few that I can't do quite as well for but then to be honest you have been a little spoiled over the years haven't you? ;)

I'll still do my very best for you, you can count on that, you can also continue dealing with the other guys if you like. No hard feelings on my part.

-Steve

oldoutboardjim
Resident curmudgeon
Car: 04 CD Silver SVTF 3-door

Steve,
Congrats on the new position. I hope that it works out great for you. You have provided outstanding service and prices over the years, and I would like to keep you as the 'go-to' guy for all my parts.
Still have some questions/comments:
A) I'm still unclear re: how would one gets parts that are ordered through you (Tasca). I'm assuming that they have to be shipped. Will they be shipped from New England, direct shipped from suppliers, or ????
B) If they do need to be shipped, that increases the lead time; which, in some cases (emergencies), makes Tousley (or Autonation or whatever they're called) a more viable option. As I said, I prefer to do business with you. But if I'm in a time crunch...
C) Will Tousley/Autonation still offer the same deals on Focus parts as before? If so, who does one contact?
Jim 'Resident curmudgeon'
"Old Guy's" SVT:
2004 CD Silver 3-door w/blue interior (one of 244 in that color scheme in 2004)
Build #879 of 1,978
Mods: JRSC+BBK; C-F-M Rear Engine Mount; FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust
Steve@Tasca
Midget

oldoutboardjim wrote:Steve,
Congrats on the new position. I hope that it works out great for you. You have provided outstanding service and prices over the years, and I would like to keep you as the 'go-to' guy for all my parts.
Still have some questions/comments:
A) I'm still unclear re: how would one gets parts that are ordered through you (Tasca). I'm assuming that they have to be shipped. Will they be shipped from New England, direct shipped from suppliers, or ????
B) If they do need to be shipped, that increases the lead time; which, in some cases (emergencies), makes Tousley (or Autonation or whatever they're called) a more viable option. As I said, I prefer to do business with you. But if I'm in a time crunch...
C) Will Tousley/Autonation still offer the same deals on Focus parts as before? If so, who does one contact?
Jim 'Resident curmudgeon'
Most of what I do will have to be shipped, it would go direct to your door.

I totally understand if you can't use us exclusively for parts, no one can. All I can do is my best and hope that it's good enough, I believe it will be as we do have some further specials in the works. :)

As far as I know they're still going to do the same things. I wasn't involved in their planning sessions about what to do after I left.

-Steve

iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Congrats, but,
Didn't you make a similar move couple years back? And go back to Tousley after it didn't work out.
What makes this one different?

Not bustin your balls by any means, just curious.
--John
Steve@Tasca
Midget

iminhell wrote:Congrats, but,
Didn't you make a similar move couple years back? And go back to Tousley after it didn't work out.
What makes this one different?

Not bustin your balls by any means, just curious.
No, totally different. That was moving into a completely different field selling parts catalog software that I found I was not at all good at as it involved a lot of cold calling and I also rapidly found out that the vast majority of parts managers have zero say when it comes to which software their department uses.

Hated it.

In this case I'm doing what I'm good at for a company that wants to put serious effort into building something truly unique. Something I think will be really good for all of us.

-Steve