What to look for?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Going to look at a 2005 ZX4 for my son tonight. Anything that I should look for that would be a red flag? They say the title is clean, but I will check the crumple zones for damage, the price seems to be pretty good too.
Slower than your stock focus.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Leaky clutch master if it's a manual, fire up all the electrical stuff including flashers and see if the gauges flicker which indicates a weak alternator.

The Duratec cars are pretty solid, like most Foci.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well, we picked it up. It has 141k on it and needs some TLC. It looks to have been in a fender bender at one point, but I checked all the sheet metal and it looked clean as well as the crumple zone up front. It is dirty though, like Roman would be freaking out dirty. I got it for $2500. It is an auto, but doesn't have A/C, cruise or electric windows. I drove it home about 40 miles and it needs the exhaust shield put back in place and some brake work. I think it will run a while.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Louis Zerr wrote:Well, we picked it up. It has 141k on it and needs some TLC. It looks to have been in a fender bender at one point, but I checked all the sheet metal and it looked clean as well as the crumple zone up front. It is dirty though, like Roman would be freaking out dirty. I got it for $2500. It is an auto, but doesn't have A/C, cruise or electric windows. I drove it home about 40 miles and it needs the exhaust shield put back in place and some brake work. I think it will run a while.
Should buy mine. Perfect for a young man. Mine is 100% mechanicly sound, get it and drive. Its also clean and the a/c blows cold and the cruise works. And the stereo will drown out any other concerns 8)
Image wink wink.....bitches
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

focinite- If he could drive a stick and was willing to learn your car would have been sold a long time ago. He is not willing to learn though. :(
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Mine aren't geting a choice, they'll learn to drive a stick or they won't get a license until they move out.

My son has driven several manuals a fair bit but has only driven an automatic across the yard.

FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:Mine aren't geting a choice, they'll learn to drive a stick or they won't get a license until they move out.

My son has driven several manuals a fair bit but has only driven an automatic across the yard.
Funny. I learned to drive a stick in a 1966 jaguar e-type (when I was 14). Took my driver's test in a 1990 bmw 535i (stick). I had my license for 3 years before I ever drove an automatic
Steve@Tasca
Midget

FocusMech.73155 wrote: Funny. I learned to drive a stick in a 1966 jaguar e-type (when I was 14). Took my driver's test in a 1990 bmw 535i (stick). I had my license for 3 years before I ever drove an automatic
Kind of bizarre, I learned in my dads '64 Austin Healey 3000 and took my test in his Audi 3000 (pretty sure it was a 3000) with a four speed, that car NEEDED a fifth gear.

Macky21
Car: 2013 Oxford White ST

I learned by watching my Dad drive a manual for many years then officially learned in a 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa Turbo, then had my auto Jeep, then SVT and now ST
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Louis Zerr wrote:He is not willing to learn though.
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
focinite

Louis Zerr wrote:focinite- If he could drive a stick and was willing to learn your car would have been sold a long time ago. He is not willing to learn though. :(
:( my wife refuses to learn as well, she says there is too much going on and she cant figure out which gear to have it in... i say we all had that at first, just get in and drive, who cares if you smoke a clutch... then you get to learn how to replace a clutch :lol: we ll that inhales with great force. 8)
endblockclip8
Car: 2001 Black ZX3

Learned to drive on a 69 ford bronco with a 3 on the tree.
2005 ZX3
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Anyone know of a proper fitting steering wheel cover for these cars? Ugh, smokers car.
FocusMech.73155
Car: '07 Focus ST (supertight)

Louis Zerr wrote:Anyone know of a proper fitting steering wheel cover for these cars? Ugh, smokers car.
You could probably get a used steering wheel from a junk yard for about the same price as a cover. Then you wouldn't have to deal with having a cover on it.......or you could go with a MOMO wheel with quick disconnect.......should add about 200hp at the wheels
focinite

Louis Zerr wrote:Anyone know of a proper fitting steering wheel cover for these cars? Ugh, smokers car.
i got one...four grand and you can have the car it comes with..... :lol: :lol: :lol: