Talk me down?

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

On schedule and W/O a problem:

BTW, fuck DFW's road system. We got lost more times than I can remember. Most of the time all we needed to do was go round the block and that took 15 minutes and 10 miles to do. The GPS lady was getting so tired she was pausing, indecisive in giving directions.
Had good fun though. Met some new good people and seen Texas for the first (and last) time in my life.

I'm beat. 2,xxxx miles in under 3 days is tough and very tiring, even with having someone else to drive half the time. Right now I've been awake since yesterday @ 10:30AM. I want a nap but it's just going to screw up my sleep schedule so I have to go wash/wax the car to try and keep me awake.
Oh, and call the DMV and insurance to get all that squared away.
--John
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Come up here and let me test drive it fgt.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
bflesher

Damn that thing looks clean. Congrats and welcome back.
Doc
Car: to many to list

"call the DMV" ? :?
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

nice, looks so much shinier than the one in the background
iminhell

zurno wrote:nice, looks so much shinier than the one in the background

Yes but no.
The old car is just dirty. I has clearer paint than this one. I have to buf the new one in the worst way. There are so many paint flaws it's driving me mad,,, but no one else seems to notice them.
It's just a matter of finding the time to do it properly.

I hate the headlights. They illuminate the road, in spots. I thought and I'm quoting from the ad "MINT Condition MACH headlights (drivers upper tab gone)" but they are not. They are Depo knockoffs, and it shows. Light pattern is utter shit. But a quick search shows that I'm not alone in this. ... anyone local have HRW's Hella's installed and can you snap a night pic from the drivers seat on a dark open road?
--John
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

Note to self, don't rely on this forum to talk me out of spending money...
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
zurno
Got any WoW pron?
Car: ZX4x4

iminhell wrote:

Yes but no.
The old car is just dirty. I has clearer paint than this one. I have to buf the new one in the worst way. There are so many paint flaws it's driving me mad,,, but no one else seems to notice them.

I hate the headlights. They illuminate the road, in spots. I thought and I'm quoting from the ad "MINT Condition MACH headlights (drivers upper tab gone)" but they are not. They are Depo knockoffs, and it shows. Light pattern is utter shit. But a quick search shows that I'm not alone in this. ... anyone local have HRW's Hella's installed and can you snap a night pic from the drivers seat on a dark open road?

you talking the newer style Hella's? I might be able to do that for you. They are super nice compared to stock. They also are better then the 2002 facelifts, which are much better than stock to begin with,
iminhell

zurno wrote:
iminhell wrote:

Yes but no.

you talking the newer style Hella's? I might be able to do that for you. They are super nice compared to stock. They also are better then the 2002 facelifts, which are much better than stock to begin with,
I'm talking the Hella's that Chalon (sp?) is selling, Dynabeams.
I've seen pic's shining on a garage door, showing the cutoff, but noting showing how well they light the roadway.
--John
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

There are halogen Dynabeams left I think. It has been a while since I checked stock with Bora Parts who is the supplier. All the HID's are gone. A used set of Machs or a retrofit is your only avenues. IIRC the Depo projectors are not a direct swap with the plentiful E55 bixenon units found in the Machs. Check with Kuai Guy. I know he had/has the Depo units and hated them...he has done a Morimito Mini retrofit into facelifts back in 2010. Not sure if he has done anything with the Depo Machs.
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco