MOD

Non Focus discussion. Pretty much other cars and off topic stuff.
blcksvt2003
Car: 2003 Black SVT focus

can we pass the torch :/ yes we aaalll love u mods here! it seems like steve is the only one that actually owns one anymore. pappy u are the shit!! i think alot of us feel like we need a mod that owns a focus and wants to plan meets. yes me or anyone can make a date, but if people were to see a mod making a meet im sure it would attract more people! :)

Not trying to step on aanny toes! i know this is ur baby pappy and 02designs! and u should be proud! but like any child sometimes u gotta say hey...it grew up, or in this case U grew up :) all of the mods, except for steve :D , "grew up" and drive different rides now. i just dont wanna see this site die :/

picking a mod isnt an easy choice at all. i am not nominating myself by any means. i get too emotional at times haha. but i am trying to be very involved with this site and the local focus community. come on! we got tousley ford here :) were MNFOCUS! we goootta step it up :) i think we need a smart, calm, informed, experienced, and most importantly owns a focus ;) haha.

in all seriousness if i had to pick a mod at this point...id say tgnorman or crazysvtchick. they have both had their cars for quite awhile, have TASTEFUL mods and powerful future plans :). most of all, enjoy getting together to talk about cars :) and work on cars together. idk if there is anyone else that deserves it more, as i havent been here too long, just thinking outloud here with people.

I just wanna stress how much i am glad for this forum/car club to exist at all. it has helped me get into a hobby that i otherwise may have struggled to get going, everyone here is helpful. i just dont want to see that go away :/ this truely is a great place! thank you to all the mods that started it all! :) sorry if i have left anyone out..i have only ever met pappy, and only know of 02's accomplishments, i havent had the pleasure of meeting u 02, and bought a few things from steve ;) Steve , u rock, but ur a busy man! :) ur advice is unmatched! i simply want a mod that wants to plan meets :) and gets us all together to show off/talk about our love for foci:)
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
blcksvt2003

oh i forgot , pappy doees still have a focus as a DD :D
#722 of 6,158. Stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel, MSD coil and wires, C.F.M. offroad pipe, front and rear FSwerks stress bars, Mach HIDs, C.F.M. short shift/w svt knob, Volant intake
hafftrak
Car: Chebby truck

I nominate Stilz.
Dean

blcksvt2003

im down for stilz for sure, just thought he was leaving?
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

Who are you people (kids)?
--John
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

zx2_racer for mod.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

This is funny... do we really need them to have focues?. I dont see the need for this.
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
Redlineracer12
I is speshul
Car: 00 Contour SVT

trahma, the site owner, might still have a focus. Or is it a myth? :lol:
3 Fords, 1 Mercury, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

As mod, I would hand out free online candy on a daily basis.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
iminhell
Car: '00 & '01 ZX3's

HilloNative wrote:This is funny... do we really need them to have focues?. I dont see the need for this.

Yes. ?

I think what black is concerned about is the lack of enthusiasm about our cars. Pretty much all the mod staff has mentioned at one time or another that they won't do things for us, meets and such. So it would make sense to have 'leadership' that would do those things and have loyalty to the group.
OTOH, we can do all this on our own, meets and things. So leadership is more than some inglorious nametag on the internet.
--John
HilloNative
Car: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF

^^ that is my point, anyone can post a date and get some people to come. Because the last time i checked i didnt have to be a mod to post something. We could start for a weekly meet , but in a place were it works for all of us(at least the majority).

You dont have to be a leader to organize this kind of meets, someone once told me "you just need food and beer and they will come" .
Nacidos Ford... Nacidos Fuerte...
blcksvt2003

I believe I addressed and said that exact thing. That we can obviously plan our own meets, take another read through the first post ;) Another thing is while i was at porkys the last few weeks before it was shut down, i ran into another svt owner , one which the guy was interested in joining the site and he said he hadnt been able to get approved by the mods here for a few weeks, idk if that is a common problem or an isolated incident, as i had told a FJ member about this place a few days ago and he seemed to get approved that day or the next. so idk. i personally think pappy is the shit, and yada yada as i have previously stated, not saying we needa get rid of anyone at all. just that maybe a new person that is more into the community would be best. If im in the wrong here please people get in and tell me. otherwise i feel like this is something that should happen sometime soon :/ last summer what was planned?? stilz did a good job of gettin everyone to MOA last spring but that was it. after that...the rest of the summer was wasted IMO. me and others were pretty consistently letting people know of porkys or other university meets on the weekend. my only thing is that I think if a MOD were to let people know of a meet that there might be more interest. again if im wrong...let me know people
tgnorman
Car: 2008 VW GLI

In all honesty, I think discussions of leadership and such should really happen in a more closed setting, some could be offended by decisions made and discussion happening that they may not agree with.

That said, I would not be opposed to a more active role, may it be financial or merely participation wise, with the end goal of creating a stronger community and presence. As some of you likely know, keeping a site like this up without sponsors or ads is a bit of a financial investment for the owner or owners, and I've been extremely grateful to have their support in providing a place to congregate. I imagine most people here have benefited in one way or another from having this community and its members available for advice, support and the occasional smack when we come up with something absolutely horrid or idiotic....
2008 Bone Stock VW GLI

2004 Sonic Blue SVT ZX3, #1593 of 1978 Born 4/8/04
Stage 2 ported TB, Semi-custom Borla center exit, FSWerks CAI, FS front strut bar, suspension by FR/Multimatic
gone, but not forgotten
blcksvt2003

if only i was as well spoken as you were karl, nicely said. i see ur point, maybe this isnt the best place for this. my bad
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Trahma owns the site and while he doesn't post much he does check in and keep his eye on the site as do the other mods and admins.

In all honesty this site doesn't need a whole lot of moderating because it's a pretty well behaved bunch, I do know you won't see a whole lot of involvement from the mods and admin when it comes to organising events simply because most of us are just so busy these days with work and family and as some of you have found it's nearly impossible to get anyone to agree to a date around here.

Anyone that wants to take over and head up arranging meets and g2gs is more than welcome.

As for mod powers, that's up to Trahma to decide so he would be the one to be in contact with.
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com