2005 ST

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

yeah, out is harder. with my steeda i could leave my old filter in. i finally took it out when i replaced the bumper. when taking out the filter don't worry bout getting the bolts all the way out, just loosen them till you can wiggle the plastic out of the rubber mounts. there are 3 of them, it may be less frustrating to take off that side of the bumper and headlight if you want it all gone. anyone else with an 05-07 wanna give some advice? i just took advantage of my bumper being off, i didn't need to take mine out.
A friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so Yeah."
07 zx3 partout viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4607
MNiceGuy
Car: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

Looks good especially with those wheels! I just put the SVT kit on my car and I think we're both agreeing on how drastic of an improvement it is. I can't say enough good things about it. Any other exterior plans in the near future?
ScottyK
Can't remember what he drove to work today
Car: 2005 Liquid Grey Focus ST

Time for some Cossie action!!!! Came in the mail today. I know nothing, so how does it look? :o :o :

I'll probably have it instlled by my mechanic tomorrow or the next day. :D :D :D :D
Patalrob
Borlatap
Car: 06 Wagon, 02 SVTF, 00 ZX3

It looks PHAT 8)
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
95 Chevy Silverado Tow rig for lawn mowers
02 SVTF ...........
CleanZX3
Really CleanZX4
Car: 07 ST S.A.P.

Have your mechanic put it on? Dude, its an intake. Do it your self, it will be rewarding. There's write-ups all over the net.
07 ST S.A.P.
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

Patalrob wrote:It looks PHAT 8)
it looks phat and blue
Image wink wink.....bitches
focinite

just think all that stuff fer a few houndred bucks brand new. its a tube with a velocity horn in it, wow. i made a tube from stove pipe and it worked fine, ran it on the high tec dyno and it put down 156 to the wheels, now i have one made from high temp brake ducting and it works great. tell you the truth about intake tubs, the factory intake tube is soooooo restictive that a roll of paper towels zip tied on there is a major improvement. the only benifit of after market intake tubes are that they make a neat raspy noise and if they hang low enough they become cold water intakes. i know for the d-tecs the cossie is about the only one to actually work, but i would never again spend mony on some thing i can just make. 8)
Patalrob
Borlatap

focinite wrote:just think all that stuff fer a few houndred bucks brand new. its a tube with a velocity horn in it, wow. i made a tube from stove pipe and it worked fine, ran it on the high tec dyno and it put down 156 to the wheels, now i have one made from high temp brake ducting and it works great. tell you the truth about intake tubs, the factory intake tube is soooooo restictive that a roll of paper towels zip tied on there is a major improvement. the only benifit of after market intake tubes are that they make a neat raspy noise and if they hang low enough they become cold water intakes. i know for the d-tecs the cossie is about the only one to actually work, but i would never again spend mony on some thing i can just make. 8)
Ur'z Jus Jelus u's cn't hav's a Cosy intek :D
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
focinite

Patalrob wrote:
focinite wrote:just think all that stuff fer a few houndred bucks brand new. its a tube with a velocity horn in it, wow. i made a tube from stove pipe and it worked fine, ran it on the high tec dyno and it put down 156 to the wheels, now i have one made from high temp brake ducting and it works great. tell you the truth about intake tubs, the factory intake tube is soooooo restictive that a roll of paper towels zip tied on there is a major improvement. the only benifit of after market intake tubes are that they make a neat raspy noise and if they hang low enough they become cold water intakes. i know for the d-tecs the cossie is about the only one to actually work, but i would never again spend mony on some thing i can just make. 8)
no im not envious of the cossie intake,nor am i gonna try to really understand what that letter vomit you just put down is really sposed ta mean. :lol:
Patalrob
Borlatap

focinite wrote:
Patalrob wrote:
no im not envious of the cossie intake,nor am i gonna try to really understand what that letter vomit you just put down is really sposed ta mean. :lol:
:lol:
00 ZX3 "RattleTrap"
06 Wagon Doggy mover
02 SVTF ...........
ScottyK

CleanZX3 wrote:Have your mechanic put it on? Dude, its an intake. Do it your self, it will be rewarding. There's write-ups all over the net.
I have never installed anything like this before. It does look like something I could do, but I cannot find any write-ups that you say are all over the net...
ScottyK

I would do the install if I had directions with pictures, but I have looked extensively online and cannot find any installation help. :(

Mechanic install it is....
lox222
Car: 2006 red ST with the SAP

It is easy to do but you do have to take the driver side wheel off and the inside finder thing off to get to a funny clamp that hold part of the intake together but other than that it's not too bad.
IT'S A FOCUS NOT AN FUCKING EVO!!!!
Monkey-Gein
Car: 2007 Black ZX5

you'll do fine. once you see everything you'll understand and be like "oh, that's easy"
i'm surprised no one has given a write up or no one here has offered any instructions. in the morning when it gets light i'll look back at mine to be sure and give a write up for taking out the stock system then you can add ther install of the cossie.

BTW. the duras NEED to have the MAF tube to be a certain length and dia. to work. i've tried cutting my stock one down to just the MAF part and it oddly didn't work. so other then having a bender or a welder you cannot make one. you could by a bunch of piping, but that'll still cost $100+ just for the tubes, then you got to piece it together and get a filter. all that would cost prolly round $180 for a zip tied intake. or HTP has a MAF tube for $99 and you could make a SRI out of that for $140 with filter. but you can get a shit one off of ebay and have a pretty zip tied intake.
focinite

Monkey-Gein wrote:you'll do fine. once you see everything you'll understand and be like "oh, that's easy"
i'm surprised no one has given a write up or no one here has offered any instructions. in the morning when it gets light i'll look back at mine to be sure and give a write up for taking out the stock system then you can add ther install of the cossie.

BTW. the duras NEED to have the MAF tube to be a certain length and dia. to work. i've tried cutting my stock one down to just the MAF part and it oddly didn't work. so other then having a bender or a welder you cannot make one. you could by a bunch of piping, but that'll still cost $100+ just for the tubes, then you got to piece it together and get a filter. all that would cost prolly round $180 for a zip tied intake. or HTP has a MAF tube for $99 and you could make a SRI out of that for $140 with filter. but you can get a shit one off of ebay and have a pretty zip tied intake.
most maf set ups are like that, they are a calibrated air metering device. also the distace from the throttle may affect as well. as long as the maf housing is saved and fabed into a 2 dollar alumminum tube its gonna work the same as the 4 million dollar cossie tube.