tranny's my homo's out

For your Ford Focus related discussion
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

I mean, homo's my tranny's out. what a pain in the ass. get stuck on this, then get stuck on that, then this again, then that again. Finally after enough jostling about it is out, and in just under 6 months this time! :lol: Now off to Terry Haines it goes (again).
Slower than your stock focus.
o2designs
Making skinny jeans look baggy since 2009
Car: Bone Stock Focuseses

Just in time for 2010...

Are you and Justin running against eachother to see who will get it back together first?
Pants too tight, wheels so bright!
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

He should be able to get his back together first, assuming he removed it this weekend. Mine is at least a month and a half out with shipping and all, i do have to ship it to Michigan.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Louis Zerr wrote:He should be able to get his back together first, assuming he removed it this weekend. Mine is at least a month and a half out with shipping and all, i do have to ship it to Michigan.
WTF-Michigan is 3 days tops and thats on a truck line, Fedex is 2 days.

Hows the snail coming?
Tasca Auto Group- Employee pricing on all parts.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/i ... eid=213668

1-800-598-1484 or spowell@tasca.com
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

FORDSVTPARTS wrote:
Louis Zerr wrote:He should be able to get his back together first, assuming he removed it this weekend. Mine is at least a month and a half out with shipping and all, i do have to ship it to Michigan.

Hows the snail coming?
If it is my Quaife then that has to get shipped to their repair facility in CA. Terry Haines believes that my quaife is busted, we'll see.

Wife put the kabosh on my snail this year. She wants the Focus out of the garage as soon as possible. I might have to eventually sell the Focus if I end up with a new Camaro too (I'm wearing her down).
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Louis Zerr wrote:
FORDSVTPARTS wrote:

Hows the snail coming?
If it is my Quaife then that has to get shipped to their repair facility in CA. Terry Haines believes that my quaife is busted, we'll see.

Wife put the kabosh on my snail this year. She wants the Focus out of the garage as soon as possible. I might have to eventually sell the Focus if I end up with a new Camaro too (I'm wearing her down).
If you sell it. I'll trade ya motors ;)
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Just got a call from Terry.

LSD- Quaife has the LSD and it is in bad shape. They are waiting on parts to fix it at this point. They are honoring their warranty and fixing under warranty.

5th/reverse synchro-I was having some issues with the car popping out of 5th gear, even at speed after being in gear for a few minutes. Terry noticed that it looked different than others he had replaced. He took it to his parts supplier and had them pull out what they had in inventory for that part number. Same box, same part number, different machining. Apparently mine was one that had a machining step missed. It never fully engaged into 5th. Ford replaced the part under warranty due to manufacturing defect.

I should have the tranny back by the end of the month. We'll see how long it takes to put it back in. :lol:
bluediamondcoupe
Car: 09 SE Coupe

I dont know if Cavaliers are different... I kid you not I watched a friend of mine take out a tranny and put the new one in and filled it with fluid in just under 45 min!.... I guess having it on a lift helped... I know I wasnt goin to attempt it... only cost me a case of beer!
#57 2002 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Phase III (Investment)
#64 2006 Chevrolet Corvette LPE 948whp (Investment)
2009 HHR Panel company car? van? 5000+ miles a month!
*Surrendered my #62 2009 Ford Focus SE Coupe.....Lost job
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Well a big thanks to Nils and Randy for stopping by on Friday and lending me a good 10 minutes of work time. No kidding, 3 days of messin' with this thing and we hoisted it in place in 10 minutes. Got it mostly buttoned up today, just need a couple things (thermostat housing) and I will be ready to drive it. Hopefully by tomorrow night if i can get everything I need right away.

Hope you 2 guys didn't get beef poisoning, NY strips are better than fillet mignon if you axe me.
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

That steak was amazing!

Thanks again. Glad to help! I'm excited to see that thing back on the road.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

UPDATE!!!
I just drove it!! I drove my Focus, its been just shy of a year. I drove that motherfucker!!!! The clutch is a 6 puck Valeo (I told Nils and Randy the wrong thing) and it is either engaged or disengaged, no happy slipping. Hard to not chirp a tire, but I was really light on it.

I found my coolant leak too, so I won't be driving the car tomorrow. It was the lower rear hose next right where it connects to the thermostat housing. I will pull it and cut it down tomorrow and drive my car on Wednesday.

Lets see, ceramic coated gear set, upgraded internal shift tower, Quaife LSD, that should do nicely.

Thank you and good night!!!!
HotRodWagon
Cajun Mafia
Car: 01 Street Wagon/02 ZTW

Dayum son! She's rollin 8) .
...always in focus...
...costra nostra tobasco
Steve@Tasca
Midget

That's great Rod, I'm glad to hear it's on the road again.

Now wheres the boost? :lol:

Louis Zerr
and so it lives.

Boost will come after I get rid of the '95 Firebird and get either a new Challenger or Camaro. Then the Focus will just be a full time toy.
Steve@Tasca
Midget

Louis Zerr wrote:Then the Focus will just be a full time toy.
Instead of a full time garage sculpture? :lol: