Some questions

For your Ford Focus related discussion
cant_focus
Car: 2006 liquid grey hatchbac

Hey guys haven't posted in a while...busy with school :(. Anyways, I want to overhaul my car's stance this summer. Thinking the D2 coilovers... Call me bandwagon jumper or lame or whatever but I really want to try to get that low, negative cambered out stance...I figured the coilovers will get me low enough, I'm just not sure what offset wheels / size tires I'd have to go with...I know some of the people on this board know all about stance specifics (o2..) so I figured I'd see what you guys thought. Also, this might be a dumb question as well, but if you bring the ride height back up are coilovers driveable in the winter? This car is driven all year round.
Jordan
PBZX3

The only thing I can respond to is: Yes, coilovers can be run year round. I have the KW Variant 1's on my 2001 Focus. I adjusted them up and down the first few years then decided to try the summer height (1 3/4" drop) in the winter and haven't adjusted them since.
Paul

Red 2001 ZX3 I/H/E, UDP and FR2's, KW Variant 1, kids car
Red 2005 ZX3 FSW Stage 2 Turbo, FSW Stealth Exhaust, Steeda springs, KYB AGX, 3dCarbon body, Custom leather.
Green 2000 Windstar, Stock, Wifes car/vacation vehicle
ZX2_racer
Car: Pitch Black 2007 ZX3 S

Dam Jordan, long time no post! I will have to see your new stance when you get it done.
Eibach | Tokico | Ford Racing | Magnaflow | F2 USA | Steeda | Crane
Pappy
have you seen my boxers?
Car: 09 Mustang GT, 14 Focus

Offset is all dependent on size and width of wheels/tires you wish to run. So if you want a flushed out stance, I can't tell ya what to do until ya tell us some specs on wheels you are looking at.

For coilovers, yes you can adjust them up and down. The thing to remember is everytime you adjust them your alignment will need to be redone (unless you don't care about tire wear). Also people have had issues in the past with rust and corrosion making it difficult to go back down after a winter. One thing people have done that has worked is to tape off the threads to keep the salt and corrosion off your coilovers. Or just try to keep them as clean as ya can.

Also if you want to go LOW, you will need Front Camber Plates at a minimum as well as Rear Camber Bolts. Also rear camber and toe arms are also an option, but it all depends on your alignment settings you wish to run.
Prestige WorldWide The First Word In Entertainment

______________Boats and Ho's!_____________
cant_focus
Car: 2006 liquid grey hatchbac

Yeah it's been a little while..busy with school :(. I just finally got an ST grille to throw on this weekend...and thanks for the info Pappy.
Jordan
focinite
Master of Phonemic orthography
Car: black cvp vroom vroom

pappy has it right , but as an add on with the foci the camber is not adjustable in stock form, but the bolts and plates help fix that. if you want the super poke stance the coil overs are the bees knees. but back to the no camber adjustments, the lower you get the focus the more (-) the camber gets, but if you were to find/make a adjustable tube lower front arm the you could nail the stance right where you need it. for the rims, they all differ( like shoes they have a little fudge room ) soo do your home work. now some like spacers and some dont, i dont, the correct off set is very important, a spacer will mess with an already unstable set. that reminds me after 2 inches of drop you will incounter harsh bump steer and the car will follow road inperfections, to compinsate for this is to bring the tie rods back to almost level by getting a longer stud rod end or modifing a mustang fox bump steer kit to fit.
Image wink wink.....bitches